From payment solutions and mandated insurance to shipping, payroll and retirement plans — we have you covered.
We know you’re tired of paying high credit card processing fees. We’ve found a fully compliant, customer-friendly surcharging program that allows you to pay $0 for accepting credit cards.
With options for accepting payments in person, in office and online, there’s a solution for your business. Required signage is provided, and there are no monthly fees or contract.
Sell $100 on a credit card → receive $100 in your account
- You pay 0%
- Your customer’s fee is 3.50%
Sell $100 on a debit card → receive $98.75 in your account.
- You pay 1% plus $0.25*
- Your customer’s fee is 0%
Accepting credit cards at no cost has never been easier.
*Commercial debit cards are assessed at a rate of 3.38%
Find the perfect POS for your business.
Our software can help with:
- Inventory management
- Customer and employee management
- Detailed, real-time sales analytics
- Integrated payments for a seamless checkout
We provide detailed product demonstrations, installation and training.
If you’re looking for a mobile option, there’s an app for that!
Our mobile app allows you to:
- Accept payments at off-site events
- Email and text receipts
- Do basic inventory tracking
Plus, use the virtual terminal to manually enter card information, view transactions by users and generate invoices.
All of the features you need, at a price point you can afford.
Want to keep it simple with stand-alone terminals? We sell Ethernet, Wi-Fi and wireless terminals.
Our terminals accept contactless cards and digital wallets. Terminal brands include Pax, Castle, Verifone and Dejavoo.
Retail Council merchants also receive discounts on receipt paper.
Our signature workers’ compensation program accepts members into our top-rated Safety Group 493, underwritten by the New York State Insurance Fund (NYSIF). Qualified safety group participants enjoy advance discounts and share earned dividends – without the risk of liability associated with group trusts.
You can expect:
• An up-front discount of up to 25% for qualified safety group members
• Year-end dividends* averaging 36.5%, returning millions of dollars to our members
• Dedicated in-house support from our safety group manager
• Fast and personalized service
• An option to keep your broker
• A workers’ compensation policy compatible with PAYGO
*Year-end dividends are not guaranteed.
The Retail Council can help Metro members reduce the cost of New York State statutory disability insurance (DBL). Our wholly owned subsidiary, Retail Council Services Corp., works with top-rated vendors to bring our members the plan best suited for their business. Partners include ShelterPoint and Standard Security Life, offering some of the lowest DBL rates in New York.
The Retail Council, in partnership with the Alliance of State Retail Associations (ASRA), offers a Multiple Employer 401(k) Retirement Plan for Metro members. We carefully researched the best options to help businesses keep costs down while offering excellent retirement options for employees.
Did you know?
- New York State private businesses with 10 or more employees are required to offer retirement plan options.
- If no options are offered, employees will be automatically enrolled in the state’s Secure Choice Savings Program.
- You can enroll in the 401(k) program too! It’s not just for your employees. Metro wants to help you save for retirement.
- Metro members also get discounts on FedEx shipping. Benefits of PartnerShip include:
- Discounts on inbound and outbound packages
- No shipping minimums
- Free enrollment
- Applicable to small packages and freight
- Sign up for PartnerShip here.
- Every business needs payroll. Focus on building your business, leave the payroll processing to us.
- Payroll must be done on time and done right. The Retail Council partners with Heartland to provide payroll services. Benefits include:
- A NYSIF PAYGO approved payroll processor
- Three-year price lock
- Simple, competitive pricing
- Customizable and web-based
- Single point of contact service model
Put the Retail Council and Metro to work for you!
Contact the Retail Council — Metro’s member benefit partner
(518) 465-3586 or email@example.com