Visa and MasterCard Reach $5.54 Billion Settlement on Interchange Fees
Retail Council of New York State has partnered with MCAG, a class action settlement expert, to assist members with streamlining the filing process and securing recoveries from the “Visa/MasterCard Interchange Fee Class Action Settlement.”
Payment Card Settlement Disclaimer
The Court has granted final approval of a settlement to resolve the class action. Claim forms are not yet available and class members need not sign up for a third-party service to recover settlement funds. Once a claim’s process is available, no-cost assistance will be available from the Class Administrator and Class Counsel. Additional information regarding the litigation is available on the Court-approved website at www.paymentcardsettlement.com.
“The customer service is nothing short of outstanding. We are so glad to have switched all of our business accounts to the Retail Council credit card processing program.” – Kathryn Busse, Silver Fox Gift Shop, Cooperstown, NY
Since there are many factors that determine what you pay for credit card processing, our ETA Certified Payment Professionals will provide you with a customized analysis. Request your savings analysis online now, or call (800) 442-3589 (9 a.m. to 5:30 p.m. EST) for a free, no-obligation savings analysis.
The Retail Council’s Credit Card Processing Services Feature:
- No set-up fees
- Funds promptly deposited
- No training fee
- Low-cost paper supplies
- eCommerce processing
- Detailed monthly statements
- No hidden fees
- Mail and telephone order sales processing
- Discounted equipment sales and rentals
- Snowball Fundraising Platform: Mobile Solution for Billing and donations made easy with email buttons, online forms or text-to-pay
You can request more information by calling (800) 442-3589 or email firstname.lastname@example.org.
The Credit Card Processing Program is administered by Retail Council Services Corp. (RCSC), a wholly owned subsidiary of the Retail Council of New York State. RCSC is a member of the Electronic Transactions Association (ETA). Merchant agreement is with Global Payments Direct, Inc. Retail Council Services Corp. is a registered ISO of Wells Fargo Bank, N.A., Concord, CA.
Mobile Payment Solutions
Accept payments anywhere you do business with the Retail Council’s mobile payment solutions. You’ll receive a free EMV card reader (or a bluetooth reader for $50) for your mobile device when you join our program.*
The Retail Council offers our participants customized rates and service. We analyze your processing statements to give you the rate that is specific to YOU, not a flat rate that could mean you’re paying too much for your processing.
You’ll use the AprivaPay Plus mobile application to process your payments. See some key features of AprivaPay below. Contact Michele, Nicholl or Carly at (800) 442-3589 or email@example.com for more information or to get started with your free quote, or send us your statements online.
The AprivaPay Plus Key Features:
- Supports IOS, Android and Amazon mobile devices
- Send receipts and invoices via email or text
- Duplicated transaction prevention
- Refund receipts
- Barcode scanner
- EMV certified (processor dependent)
- Option to print paper receipts
- Enhanced analytics reporting (for branded clients)
- Sales and tax reporting
- Cloud controlled inventory management and settings
- Receipt customization
- Integration with QuickBooks
*Requires a one-year contract.
Vend Point-of-Sale Software
Receive a free iPad when you enroll in our POS system and processing!*
Vend offers your business a payment solution you can work with from anywhere with all the tools you need to run your business. This point-of-sale software includes inventory management, ecommerce and customer loyalty for your iPad, Mac or PC. You can easily manage and build your business in the cloud.
Here are a few reasons why you’ll love using Vend point-of-sale software to run your business:
- Vend works on Mac, PC, iPad and Android. All you need is a web browser.
- Sell online and offline. Vend continues to work even if your internet connection doesn’t.
- Keep your hardware. Vend often works with the barcode scanners, cash drawers and receipt printers you own.
- Powerful inventory management that simplifies purchase orders, transfers and stock-takes.
- Your data is safe. Vend uses the same technology your bank does to keep your data updated and secure.
- Organize your customer info with flexible reporting tools.
- Vend is completely portable. Use it with your iPad.
- Your dashboard gives you an instant snapshot of sales and products across all your locations.
- Vend integrates with Xero online accounting software and Shopify hosted e-commerce.
Contact Nicholl or Carly at (800) 442-3589 to learn more about Vend and get a FREE VEND DEMO.
*Merchant must sign 3-year contract and will be subject to a $399 early termination fee if merchant chooses to leave program before the contract is up.
Vend webinar for Retail Council members
Countertop and Virtual EMV Processing Solutions
Your customers are using chip credit cards more and more each day. Make sure you’re not leaving yourself liable for chargebacks. Get an EMV and Contactless Pay enabled terminal (valued at $500) for $50 when you join the Retail Council’s program.
Virtual Browser-Based Terminal
The Global Transport – VT is a browser-based, secure virtual terminal that uses a PC with high-speed internet connection to process all major credit, debit and EBT cards. The VT is capable of recurring billing and includes a Vx805 PIN pad for $50 when you enroll.
Customizable Gift Cards for Your Business
As a participant in our credit card processing program, you have access to customizable, reloadable gift cards for your store or business at discounted pricing through our partnership with Valutec. Contact Nicholl or Carly at (800) 442-3589 for more information.
ATMs & Services
An ATM at your business can increase foot traffic and sales. It provides you with an additional income, plus it will improve customer loyalty. Don’t miss out on another sale!
ATM purchase or lease options include free standing or wall mounted ATMs.
Contact Nicholl or Carly at (800) 442-3589 for more information.
As part of the analysis, our experts will develop a quote specifically tailored for your business based on your annual Visa / MasterCard / Discover / American Express volume, average ticket and the types of transactions or cards used. If you’ve got a better deal with your current processor, we’ll tell you! But chances are very good that you will save by switching to the Retail Council!
Visit our Credit Card Processing Article Library for processing tips and our Payment Card Industry Data Security Standards Materials page to make sure your business is in compliance.
- Acceptance of EMV cards requires the use of an EMV-enabled terminal or POS system
- EMV is a global standard for authenticating credit/debit card transactions using cards with embedded computer chips
- Merchants using EMV-enabled terminals avoid having liability shifted to them by banks and card companies for fraudulent transactions
- EMV card transactions are all given a unique identifier, preventing fraudsters from using stolen card data at a later date, unlike the static data used by magnetic stripe cards
- Read more about EMV >
About the VeriFone Vx520 Terminal
- EMV-enabled terminal
- Small footprint and a unique communication port area keeps your point-of-sale neat and uncluttered
- Easy-to-use interface, including a backlit screen and keypad for use in low-light situations
- Ethernet capable for faster transactions
- FUTURE-PROOF: Features internal PINPad and is Contactless payment ready
Features of the Global Transport – VT
- Supports an unrestricted number of simultaneous users
- Handles a large number of transactions
- Supports card swipe/dip, PIN entry, ACH check guarantee transactions and recurring billing
- Includes easy-to-use, cost effective interface requiring little or no disk space on your PC and application upgrades are automatic
- Settles batches and allows you to reprint receipts, void transactions and view transactions back 24 months
- Allows you to customize the footer message on all receipts printed
The Credit Card Processing Program is administered by Retail Council Services Corp. (RCSC), a wholly owned subsidiary of the Retail Council of New York State. RCSC is a member of the Electronic Transactions Association (ETA). Merchant agreement is with Global Payments Direct, Inc.